Sunday, May 5, 2013

Final Refection

 

             My name is Kimberly Hatch and I am a character education teacher. I teach second graders, I am presently in my first year of teaching character educational classes to my students. Today my lesson will focus on the importance of my students being able to learn at an early age in their lives about building their goals and setting their self-esteem high in life. At the beginning of the class I would try my best with focusing in the 9 teaching methods of teaching styles. For instance, I would ask my students what does the words goal and self- esteem means. I would have the students to Skype with other students across the world as Ms. Cassidy did with her first grade class on what the words goal and self- esteem means in a more global matter. I would use equality sticks by entering the student’s names into my smart board to access the student’s answers for their Skype and research for checking for understanding. After checking how well my students understand the importance of goal setting and developing high self-esteem mean. I will instruct to my students how goals are something in their lives that they desire or want to achieve or accomplish. Self- esteem is all about having the inner belief that they can accomplish their goals.  Then I would have my students to make a blog about goal setting and building self-esteem.   The students will have to present their research by Skyping with other students their age on the Border States around them.  Now I hope this activity will be exciting to the students.

        Then within my instructional guidance, I will move my attention on my visual tools that I will be utilizing throughout my teaching. The main tools that my students and I will use are computers and laptops to demonstrate how effective computer base teaching can truly be.   First, I would stand in front of my classroom and demonstrate to the student on conveying the usage of blogging. I would carefully use my blogging to build the platform for entirety of success for my students to accomplish their goals and have profound solid self- esteem. The base of my activity will use about six different blogs on others individuals their same age view or defining goals and self- esteem. Next, the students must be able to build their own web page demonstrating their own ideas of self and goal settings. My final visual demonstration will be show cased at a PTA night for my second grade students.  My parents will also be involved in my entire class activities. As a teacher, I will reinforce to my students on how important it is for them to embrace the new way of teaching by utilizing technology to the fullest.  From this activity my student’s would have built their way of  achieving and accomplishing their goals and building their self- esteem by developing a more understanding and love for technology learning. Also, from this assignment my student’s would not use a single sheet of paper. All of this assignment is based totally on the use of technology.
 
       My students will grasp the understanding that even their goals can be accomplish symbolically as the celebrities' goals were accomplish and achieved. I will end my instructional time with my student's by saying my motto "Determination Today Lead To Success Tomorrow"!
    
     Finally, one can easily understand and see how important it is for our students to learn about goals setting and developing great self- esteem from the totally usage of technology. My teaching strategies and methods, usage of tools, my student's learning process and my classroom itself gave my students the appropriate learning environment that they need throughout this classroom assignment and their lives.
 
  A few more words.. I truly enjoyed learning about the importance of technology within the classroom throughout this class.
                                                              


No comments:

Post a Comment