Sunday, March 3, 2013

Podcast Project #8 
Team South Student Podcast of Lighting Their Fires Rafe Esquith
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blog Post #7  
 
Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

      Dr. Randy Pausch’s lecture was truly one of the most inspirational videos that I have ever seen. I couldn’t imagine how wonderful it would be to actually hear this key note speaker in person. I believe that he could interact with audiences of any occupational and educational background. He has many words of encouragement. Dr. Pausch would make anyone feel that he/she could accomplish goals and childhood dreams without any barriers.

          It is truly remarkable the information that he provides during his lecture pertaining to childhood dreams. As a future educator, I plan to take his approach into my classroom. I hope to provide students with stimulating activities that allow them to be free thinkers and imaginers. Inspiring others and giving them the opportunity to dream.  I love the quote he uses in his video, “Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted.”  This comes and goes throughout life with the people we meet and the trials and tribulations that we are faced with as a child to an adult.

        It is truly remarkable the information that he provides during his lecture pertaining to childhood dreams. As a future educator, I plan to take his approach into my classroom. I hope to provide students with stimulating activities that allow them to be free thinkers and imaginers. Inspiring others and giving them the opportunity to dream.  I love the quote he uses in his video, “Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted.”  This comes and goes throughout life with the people we meet and the trials and tribulations that we are faced with as a child to an adult.

        His techniques as an educator are being able to facilitate the learning groups. He provides guidance and ideas that give students an opportunity to take their imagination and intellect to a higher level without setting a bar. This allows for someone to work above and beyond their ability. His students are already promised jobs after completion of the program; which signifies to me that his approach to teaching and learning must be working. Given the opportunity to follow ones dreams allows for a person to be able to believe, achieve, and succeed.

C4K

February 10, 2013

Marquinton Snowden is 10th grade student at Baldwin County High School. Ms. Jamie Lyua Martin is the 10grade teacher at Baldwin County High School.
Marquinton post was about Indians and Pilgrims.

  This article was a wonderful article to read. Personally, I feel that more cultures need to practice more love and peace when dealing with any issues of life like the Indians and Pilgrims. The world needs more togetherness, humbleness, and a more loving sense of one accord of unification as a human race. Great job!

February 16, 2013

Kayla is a student in Ms. Balestrin's second grade classroom at Southwestern Ontario.
Kayla has a dog name princess that she wrote a post about.

   I think having a dog is great. I have a dog that lives with me too. My dog name is Dee Dee. She is ten years old. I would love to meet Princess one day. Keep up the good work!

Project#9 My PLN

    Personally, when  I initially began reading about a PLN I was confused. This learning method known as Personal Learning Network is new information for me. Either way, I watched the videos Dr. Strange gave us, I began following several of the people suggested on Twitter. I have come to the understanding that I have more connections then I realized.  I am close with other students and even some teachers.  I work at a elementary school, so I come into contact with teachers on a daily basis. I have connections everywhere, along with all the connections that are possible on the internet through Facebook, Twitter, Blogger and all the other resources that are out there. Although, I am already connecting with educators, I still desire to learn from the best educators.  I know educators do not have all of the best answers, but learning through PLN style of learning sure can broaden the enrichment of a student style of learning. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kimberly! You posted all of your things for this week in the same blog post. In your paragraph about Randy Pausch the second and third paragraph are the same. I do agree with what you did write though. I would have loved to see him speak in person, the video was amazing! Good luck the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete