Sunday, February 17, 2013

Blog post #5

Krissy Venosdale's School

   I feel that she personally believe that a teacher truly should never stop learning. Krissy feel once the learning has stopped.  The teaching has stopped.  Also, from viewing Krissy Venosdale's School seem like Krissy is extremely creative in her horizons.  She does not limit her creativity to the minds of ordinary classrooms and schools. Her school focus on everyone!  Not just the way the school environment looks, but the way the students are learning and how the teachers are broaden their creativity's. She shows this throughout the schools for the teachers and the parking lot showcasing the signs. I am proud to see that these kind of schools exist.
 
      I do love the environment that she is giving to the students on the importance of neon learning and those individuals who just love creativity and in their environments.  Personally, to me this type of environment for students makes the students have and develop a strong desire for learning.  Children truly love things in 3D or things dispensing from the walls and ceilings. If I had to build a school I would focus on creativity also, but I would also implement into my school for everyone including teachers to have the most recent update of technology.  This world has pulled away from old standards and geared up for technology.  I would also focus on all my students in the school to learn Spanish fluently.  I feel that this is necessary so we can make students ready for accepting different cultures. Therefore, I probably will implement the Rosetta Stone Language Instrument into my school. When dealing with technology I will have large touchscreen computers in each classrooms.  This way, the teachers can use these as an incentive for their students. The students can have knowledge on  the latest technology.  I also would focus on my teachers planning more field trips associated with their subject matter.  This will help the students to experience a variety of ways of learning. I must have the students and the teachers to focus on more community out reach programs. This will build character among the students and the community.  Parental involvement is a must.  Therefore, I might would serve free dinner to students and parents once a quarter to help build parental environment.  Also, during Mardi Gras season I would have a parade at the school to continually to promote parental environment. I do realize that it truly does take a village to raise a family.
 
I am a blogger

   Well after reading Jennifer Chamber post it.  This did broaden my knowledge on their is a difference in blogging and a "Blogger".  Jennifer finally realize that blogging was something that you wanted to share to the world.  Not doing something for any particular assignment.  Bloggers usually post something that they want to willingly share as poems, videos, articles, and journals etc.  Bloggers are excited to share to the world their blog. 

Eric Whitacre's choir

    Now this video was extremely interesting to watch.  It kind of destroys the statement that a picture is worth a million words.  During this video Eric Whitacre was able to use technology on a entirely different level.  Now that was amazing on its own.  It was awesome how Mr. Eric was able to utilize technology and develop a choir from 12 different countries and combine them as one from utilizing this technology as if all of the choir members were in the same place.  Great Job! I just love technology it is creative an impeding all in one. The sound was even great!  Wow!  Now you cannot really believe what you are seeing these days. The positive side of this choir is how now one can make a video song with many people involved with the tracks, but not have to be their as one whole group.  This type of technology also help with uniting cultures across the lands and many miles apart.
 
Teaching in the twenty first century
 
  This presentation was interesting. This part of technology is what kind of scare me a tab.  I do realize that technology is great!  It kind of take away from the teachers thinking of their own creative ideas of mastery. It also broaden teaching to a entirely different level. When dealing with difficult science courses.  I still feel that teachers should focus on important skills to implement into their teaching strategies. 


Flipped Classroom

       Katie Gimbar's, Dr. Lodge McCammon's, and Ms. Munafo's you tube videos were extremely useful in explaining what flipping is. When "flipping" the teacher takes the lecture out of the classroom and sends it home and changes homework into classwork.  I think this is awesome! This allows the students to practice using computers, additional access to review lectures, and more time in the classroom with the teacher to go over questions. In this process the students are able to understand more information in the same amount of time that is allowed in class during the day.

Personally, I believe that this technique will be awesome to implement into my classroom and I plan to use it in the near future. I do want to extend the time I get to interact with the kids so that I can see who needs more help on each topic. Flipping my classroom is also a good way for parents to see what their children are doing in class and they could participate more in the learning process. 

1 comment:

  1. " I feel that she personally believe that a teacher..." believes, not believe

    "I am proud to see that these kind of schools exist." It is her dream school, not a real school!

    "...neon learning..." What is this?

    " Well after reading Jennifer Chamber post it. " What does this sentence mean?

    "...my knowledge on their is a difference in blogging and a "Blogger". that there instead of on their. What does blogging have to do with the Virtual Choir?

    "It kind of destroys the statement that a picture is worth a million words." Why is that the case?

    "I just love technology it is creative an impeding all in one. " Poorly written. What does this mean?

    "This part of technology is what kind of scare me a tab. " Poorly expressed.

    " It kind of take away from the teachers thinking of their own creative ideas of mastery." What evidence do you have that technology interferes with creativity?

    "It also broaden teaching to a entirely different level. " broadens, not broaden.

    "When dealing with difficult science courses." Not a complete sentence.

    Your writing is unsatisfactory. You are now required to go to the Writing Lab in Alpha Ease. Show them this post (and others) and my comments. You must get help with your writing as soon as possible. Keep me informed as to when you go and what happens there.

    Writing unsatisfactory.

    ReplyDelete