Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blog Post #4


Landwitches
 
     This assignment was informative in its very own way.  For instance, Landwitches used different examples of how to create a positive podcast.  For instance, the podcast that was shown within this assignment has them reading things that they might not would have read in many years.. We read "Dinosaurs Before Dark"  Personally, I do not care about reading about dinosaurs, but for a grade of course I would.  One can hear the fun and excitement in their voices.  Meanwhile, the students are shown  paying attention of the recording which shown the students are very much entertained and interested in what  was going on.  The students were also tuned into  the surrounding of the recordings as well.
 
     Personally, I feel that students should work collaborative when creating podcast.  This may give students a sense of individualizing creativity with togetherness. They can input their own spirit within their dramatic creativity.  Either way, they must become the person that they are trying to portray. 
Now, it is already a known fact that children work at different pace within their learning.  Therefore, when  children do work together within a group collaboratively this gives an up boost to any teacher's teaching moment or a subject matter more improvement.  Maybe some day it would be wise for me to try podcast when I become a teacher.  Podcast could possible be a great way for future teachers to utilize  to introduce a technology fulfillment  learning atmosphere.
 
Pod Casting with a First Grader
 
      This Pod Casting reminded me of something that I seen done at my workplace.  Pretty much similar to in-house-transitioning.  For instance, the performance of the second graders  made the first graders desire to create  their own creative podcast.  The togetherness of the groups made an impressive atmosphere for them to want to relate to the same experiences that they had experienced.  For instance, while recording , the first graders chilled and waited for their turn and was very much interested on what was going on with every one's else role.  Therefore, during time of learning the podcast most definitely gave all first grade students to have a chance to meditate on what is exactly being read to them.  When first graders are in the first grade "Listening skills and Comprehension"  is a gigantic deal for first graders.
 
     Personally, the information that was presented was outstanding to any student to view.  I feel that it would make anyone with good sense to become  overwhelmingly  excited to see young people (children) learning throughout their lives.  Possibly, it could help these children to become even more interactive throughout the world of living.   Oh well, when I think about it, I just might try to get pod cast implemented into my classroom some day.
 
Flat Stanley
First of all,  I just love the title and imaginary of "Flat Stanley"!  This truly gives the students a chance to not just learn their country's living styles, but other countries living styles also.  I know I did not have this privilege when I was growing up. I even tried to have a "Pen Pal" and that did not even work for me at all.  Flat Stanley is a great way to get children from across different lands to learn more about different cultures and life styles.  I personally feel this is "Wonderful"!    Furthermore, "Flat Stanley" is a way to enhance students involvement and understanding in geography, life styles, and ethnicity of the different people.  This project is most definitely imperative for any school aged child.
 
     Once again, this project is a grand idea for all students to implement into their lives especially for elementary aged children.  Technology already makes young children realize that "home" is very small compared to the rest of the world of living.  I really cannot wait to try this project in my classroom someday.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. This is Blog Post #4. Please change the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Personally, I feel that students should work collaborative when creating podcast. This may give students a sense of individualizing creativity with togetherness." collaboratively, not collaborative. These two sentences confuse me. Collaboratively and individualizing and togetherness? How does that happen?

    "...the first graders chilled and waited for their turn and was very much interested..." Chilled is rather informal for this type of writing. were, not was; omit much

    "Therefore, during time of learning the podcast most definitely gave all first grade students to have a chance to meditate on what is exactly being read to them. When first graders are in the first grade "Listening skills and Comprehension" is a gigantic deal for first graders." Both of these sentences are awkwardly written. I would revise them like this: The students could think about what was being read to them while the podcast was being created. (I am guessing this is what you meant. It is not at all clear.) Learning to speak and comprehend the spoken word are important objectives in the first grade.

    "Personally, the information that was presented was outstanding to any student to view. I feel that it would make anyone with good sense to become overwhelmingly excited to see young people (children) learning throughout their lives. Possibly, it could help these children to become even more interactive throughout the world of living. Oh well, when I think about it, I just might try to get pod cast implemented into my classroom some day." Again, your writing needs a lot of work. My rewrite: I found the information about podcasts that was provided very helpful. I think it would be exciting to see kids learn through podcasts. Active, project based learning should help kids become better independent learners as they grow up. I may try using podcasts in my classroom.

    Blogs are also very useful in connecting students around the world.

    Please go to the Writing Lab in Alpha East. Take this post and my comments. Ask for help. Report to me what they say.


    ReplyDelete
  3. A few minor grammar mistakes like Dr. Strange said but these can easily be fixed with proof reading a little more or even having a friend read over your work to help you find these errors. Could use a little work on sentence structure as well not bad though! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete